Wednesday 26 March 2014

Rosacea: Stay calm and carry on


Anyone who suffers from rosacea knows it's a tough taskmaster.
I've always had a bright red nose and chin, made worse every year by the sun. But in recent years, the rosacea has spread to my cheeks making me look flushed, a little like an over-refreshed Santa Claus.
Most of us simply live with rosacea. We slather cream on it, then mask it with a thick coating of cover up, making us look that much older.
But did you know that there are aesthetic treatments for rosacea that calm the redness?
The first step in my rejuvenation was a daily regime of Vivier treatments which include a cleanser, a toner to smooth and even out the blotchiness, an eye cream, and redness relief. The entire regime takes less than five minutes twice a day. (Cost: $271)
After just two weeks, I noticed a big difference in my rosacea, even on the chin and nose areas. For the first time in many years, as a result, I was able to apply just a light smattering of mineral makeup.
This is terrific in my world.
I hate wearing makeup, and prefer the natural look.
But rosacea had made it impossible to pull off a nice, natural look. Now I can just apply a light powder and I'm good to go.
Here's picture of me two weeks after the treatment.
You can learn more about Vivier products and other medical grade skin care products at www.face.ca




 

No comments:

Post a Comment